Monday 22 April 2013

Inkspirational CASE




    This weeks challenge at Inkspirational is a CASE. It's a beautiful monochrome card which made me think of a silhouette die I was lucky enough to win recently.
    I began by embossing the background with a lattice embossing folder and mounting this on a piece of card that I coloured black with Distress Ink. I then used some black ribbon bought from a local supermarket after Christmas which has 'Especially For You' written on it on top of white card then black.
    The silhouette die was placed on black card in the middle of an oval die and then cut out, the back of the oval has been covered with white card so the lady appears white rather than black. This was stuck on with tape in the middle and thin foam pads top and bottom to keep it level as it sits over the ribbon band.  
    I chose to make an easel card from this so I used the black lady to hold up the easel by mounting her on foam pads. I have not used any greeting other than on the ribbon so this card can be used for several different occasions. The base needed a little something in the corners so I've added some silver peel offs coloured black with a Promarker.
    I wanted to decorate the envelope but a stuck on silhouette may get caught up in the post and damaged so I used the die to cut a lady from foam sheet. This makes a great silhouette stamp from any die, on this occasion it was just the effect I wanted. Once you have your foam shape you can stick it on to an acrylic block with a glue stick and use it as a stamp, being foam it doesn't soak up much ink but still gives a good image.
    The final touch was to go over the lattice background and put pearl dots at each junction using Cosmic Shimmer PVA pearl glue.
  

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great technique for the silhouette. I like how you turned the sketch, and your color scheme is so elegant! Beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. this really is beautiful, I love that the silhouette is white and the lattice background looks great, Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous easel card Rocky, I just love that you used the black silhouette as the easel stop, what a perfect touch! The lattice embossing with pearl detail adds such great texture to your elegant and classy card! Thanks so much for joining us again at Inkspirational! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say in my previous comment - wow, ingenious to make a stamp in order to have an image on the envelope! Now that's dedication! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning and elegant easel card! I really love that embossing folder. Your use of the silhouette is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the crisp black and white and great choice of card shape. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE a good easel--and this one is stupendous! Fabulous monochrome and I love the bit of gold! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.