Sunday 21 July 2013

Scrap-Magic Kimono

    I have a love of most things Oriental so joining forces with Karen from Stamping In Pink to try and bring it back to card making is no chore at all. We have been swapping stash and inspiring each other to bring it all out and use it.
    I have made a card very much like this one before, I loved it so much I had to do it again. The Kimono was made using a Scrap-Magic template by Nellie Snellen and some origami paper. I cut out all the pieces and stuck them on to light blue card. The Kimono is mounted, using foam pads, on to a piece of paper printed from Joanna Sheen's Oriental Dreams CD.
    There is a small Plum Blossom knot made using Mizuhiki cord attached to the Kimono. This cord is made from paper but is extremely strong and completely archive safe. It comes in long lengths and is available in many colours, there are some books available on how to tie the knots as well as some information on the web.
    The patterned paper is layered up with gold and light blue before being stuck on to a darker blue card, the small gold corners are peel offs. The long cord with tassells has been tied around the front of the card near the spine.
    I shall be making some more oriental style cards, some with a male feel to them because there is a new challenge site going live on the 31st July that is male cards only called The Male Room, the first challenge is 'Anything Goes'.
    If you would like to join Karen and myself  in trying to use up your oriental stash please leave us a comment with a link, we'd love to come over and see what you've made.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness - I'd completely forgotten about my scrap magic templates which haven't seen the light of day for years. Nice to see oriental designs too - another blast from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Rocky! I've never seen or heard of the templates but I do love the kimono. I've got my old oriental papers, the papers you gifted me, my oriental stamps and embellishments out right now - I want to make more. I never have enough male cards so I think I will be going that way in the future too. Thanks for the link to the new challenge too Karen x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.