Monday 5 May 2014

Bird On A Branch


     This month at House Of Cards we have a photo inspiration challenge, for the first two weeks of the month we would like to see a Shabby/Vintage or Cute/Fun style card and for the last two weeks CAS or Classic/Elegant style.
     Pink is not my usual colour choice so this pushed me slightly, but thanks to my collection of Distress Inks I was able to come up with this card. I have used Spun Sugar, Scattered Straw and Picked Raspberry on white card with blending foam, then spritzed with water and dabbed off.
     The bird on a branch stamp was a freebie with a magazine, sorry but I can't remember which one, stamped in Watering Can Archival Ink. There are little glittery pink dots on the flowers along the branch made with a Stardust Glitter pen.I have used a postcard stamp my Mum gave me and drawn a line down the middle with a fine pen.
     The edges are distressed with Iced Spruce, so are the blotches using a Crafters Workshop Stencil. The script writing is stamped in Archival using a clear stamp that has been parted from it's packaging, so again I don't know where it came from but it's very useful.
      I have coloured the edges of a 5x7 white card with Spun Sugar and then layered it with some grey patterned paper, set the postcard at an angle on foam pads and added some pink pearls. The pearls weren't the right shade so I coloured them with an alcohol marker to try and match the raspberry ink.
     With four card styles to choose from it would be nice to see you at House Of Cards this month, pop over and see all the lovely DT inspiration to get you started.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps - Things With Wings
Sunflowerfield - Vintage/Shabby  Chic/Rustic


4 comments:

  1. I like the pink and the shading.. very pretty! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card in lovely colours and I like the way you created the background with the ink. Thanks for joining us at ATSC. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, I LOVE! Those soft colors are just stunning and I adore the effect of the spritzed water! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super gorgeous take on this inspirational photo hun hugs Judith GDTx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.