Wednesday 6 August 2014

Silhouette Sails

      The new challenge at The Male Room is to 'Make Pink Masculine'.  Well I did try....honest! This has come out looking far more lilac than pink, sorry.
     I have used one of the many sunset pictures I took at Aberearon and changed it with my photo program to look pink. It's a combination of ink, printer, camera and operator that has made it look 'not pink' at this stage.
     I printed out on a 6x4 photo card and made sure I had a white border.
     There is a black silhouette peel off stuck on to the bottom corner, with tiny wave lines added in a black fineliner pen. I have used the same pen to draw three gulls in the opposite top corner.
     The photo is mounted on grey card with a grey and white bakers twine knot added, this is stuck down with the very sticky red tape. A small anchor peel off is added to the bottom corner, then mounted on black before being stuck on to a white card.
     As usual I have not added a greeting yet, this will come later when I know who I shall send it to and what the occasion is.
     Please take a look at the DT inspiration on the challenge blog, there are some great cards to get you started, then come and join us at The Male Room.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Use Your Stuff - Stickers (peel offs)
Eclectic Ellapu - Nautical / Seaside

10 comments:

  1. Lovely creation hun - TFS with us over @ Eclectic Ellapu this month.
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful sunset image and that little boat is just fab! Love the twine trim and little anchor. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your happy little "error" turned out beautiful. It's a gorgeous scene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo - and your little silhouette is perfect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great project. Thanks for playing at Use your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous looks so tranquil. Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning masculine scene card, love this!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh La La Challenge Blog, do join us again tomorrow for our new challenge!
    Anne
    Ooh La La Creations Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful masculine card, Rocky, even if the pink did turn a bit purply! Wonderful idea, and I admire that you were able to change the color like that. I don't know how! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love purple but would never have thought of using it this way. A beautiful scene with a peaceful feel!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.