Monday 16 February 2015

Mmm....Chocolate


     Why is it chocolate makes me think of purple? Well this stamp by Creative Expressions is called Chocolate so I just had to make a purple card.
     The base card was a large white DL size, it reminded me of a large chocolate bar. The purple wrap in the middle is Foundations card Amethyst which is cut about 1/2 inch shorter each end to allow for the 'foil' ends to show.


     The ends have been coloured with Distress Ink Dusty Concorde, but they need to shine like foil, so I have used Perfect Medium on top of the Distress Ink and then dusted with Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powder Purple Orchid. This comes in a set called Subtle Shades, it looks pink in the pot but it has a blue interference colour in it, so when it's dusted on it has a purple shine.
     I decorated the purple wrap before attaching it to the card just incase anything annoying should happen. The silhouette stamp was done using Perfect Medium and Cosmic Shimmer Detail White embossing powder.
     The lovely swirl pattern is a JustRite stamp called Elegant Fronds stamped in Perfect Medium and allowed to dry, it gives a great watermark type effect.
     The sentiment comes with the image stamp, again done with CS Detail White on to lilac card and then die cut using Spellbinder Labels Twenty-One. I have also used a little Dusty Concorde on the lilac card before removing the die, this is mounted using foam pads.
     Once happy with the wrap I have used red line tape to stick it down on to the card blank, I have found that mica powder can make it rather difficult for ordinary tape to grip. The tiny corner decorations are some little peel offs I found in my stash, I wanted something small but all my corner stamps were too big.

Material used
Foundations Card - Amethyst
Single Stamp - Chocolate
Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder - Detail White
CS Mica Powders - Subtle Shades
Distress Ink - Dusty Concorde
Perfect Medium Ink Pad
JustRite Stamp - Elegant Fronds


   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.