Sunday 21 February 2016

MHK Designs Second Challenge


     Welcome to my second project for our new challenge blog, MHK Designs. MHK Designs are creators and suppliers of digital images, sentiments and backing papers available on Etsy, for more information please follow the links given at the end of this post.

     Looking at the challenge prompt I had to go with birds, I did try to colour them to look like the photo, but Oh Boy they did not look good! So it was back to the trusty watercolour pencils and sticking with shades of blue.
     The flowers have a pale outer drawn in to meet the darker middle. I also printed some off much smaller so I could cut the foliage out and tuck it under the mat layer.
     Do you spend ages trying to find just the right shade for your mat layer? Well so did I until I began using white card and my pens and as it's only the outside that will be seen I only colour the outside.
     When placed on to a white card blank it didn't look right so I have printed some pink paper from the Easter Flowers set and by altering the settings of my printer managed to get it very pale. I cut the open edged flush with the card but always fold about 1/2 inch over the spine to keep it neat, if it's going to lift it will probably be on the fold so this stops it happening.
     Digital images don't have to be just the same all the time, you can vary the size and the intensity of colour by playing around with your settings.
     I hope you have enjoyed the new releases this week, if you haven't seen them yet then please spend a few minutes browsing the Etsy shop, each release has samples to give you inspiration.
   

 Come and join us at MHK Designs challenge blog where you could win a stamp set just by playing along.



Birds and Branches
Easter Flowers











MHK Designs February Challenge

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness, Rocky, this is just STUNNING! I am IN LOVE with the way you colored the image--and how you peeked more flowers over your main image! This is absolutely gorgeous! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.