Monday 1 February 2016

Taking Shape at The House Of Cards


   This month at House Of Cards we would like to see a shaped card, no squares or rectangles, any other shape, colour, style or subject is fine.
    I was given a card kit some time ago and am sorry to say it has stayed in my stash ever since, spending the last few days trying to tidy up and sort out has revealed quite a bit.
    I have decided to try and use some of this vast collection of bits and bobs so I can feel a little better about buying something new.
    This card kit is just right for the House Of Cards challenge as it's octagonal so I set to with putting it together. I had to sand the edges of each piece when it came out of the host surround to remove all those little tab bits that get left behind.
     The base card is decorated both front and back which makes it rather nice. I have layered up the two centre shapes using foam pads and done the same with the greeting.
     Nice and simple but using what I already have in my stash. I shall use this for my Mum for Mother's Day as she loves blue and white oriental designs, I just have to print out an insert and cut it to fit.
     Please come and join in the fun at House Of Cards with your shaped creations, our challenge is open all month.


I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Monochrome
Kitty Bee Designs - Favourite colour combo ( Mum's favourite )

18 comments:

  1. Awesome card - and purple is one of my fav colors. This was a fun challenge this month and can't wait to see what others have done with their shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Rocky! I must create some more Oriental themed cards, it has been a while lol! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky, this is beautiful! I LOVE the fabulous shape, the amazing patterned paper, and the metallic shine is wonderful! Gorgeous card, friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely creation! Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy and good luck with the challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love using up stash? Love the oriental look!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Rocky, great shape and like your oriental theme! Donna HOC teammate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Rocky! I really like the design, and it's a great colour combination! Thanks for joining our Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your gorgeous colors, Rocky! It's the perfect shape for a card too!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Rocky - such beautiful colours! Jo x HOC DT/Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Gorgeous card!!! Love the shape and color combination. :o) Thank you so much for joining us in Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :o)
    Milka DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card. I see others were inspired by the Chinese new years! You should link this to the Male room where they are doing an oriental challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous rich colors! Stunning card Rocky :o)
    Tina HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Rocky. I love the colors.
    Hugs,
    Em, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! i love the colours and mirri border!
    linda, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the shape! :) Big Hugs! -Katy HOC teammate :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What an elegant card! I love the shape and the colors. Beautiful!! jane hoc teamie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This so elegant and great shape for a card to.

    (✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
    Teamie HOC
    http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use of the card kit...I too am trying to use stuff up before spending any more (but it's difficult!)
    Susan
    Teamie at HOC
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.