Monday 12 September 2016

MHK Designs Treat Box


     Welcome to my MHK Designs inspiration post for this month, with Halloween next month I thought I would make some treat boxes. We don't have many callers for Halloween, it's not such a big event here in the UK, but when we do they expect a little something sweet.
     To begin with I printed the orange spider paper from the Trick Or Treat paper set on thin card, making it much paler than standard so I don't use up all my ink making enough for all.
     One A4 sheet produced three boxes using a Tonic treat box die, the edges have been coloured using Distress Ink Carved Pumpkin and before sticking the box together there is a length of string at the top of each box so it can be hung in a tree.
   
   

     The pumpkin comes from the Eat Your Veg stamp set, I didn't have a pumpkin image so I made one by adding a face to the pepper and shortening the stem.
     I used a photo package but this could be done just as well with as black pen and a pair of scissors.
     Each pumpkin is coloured with the same Distress Ink as the box, then cut out and mounted on foam pads. I have a small tree at the front of my house, which has leaves now but not by the end of October, so they will all be hung up ready for the Halloween callers. If it's wet then they will be hung on some small tree branches put in a pot on the front step under cover.


Eat Your Veg
Trick Or Treat
     We have a challenge running on the MHK Designs blog where you could win a stamp set just by playing along, yo don't need to use one of our designs but it would be great if you did.


1 comment:

  1. What a GENIUS idea, Rocky! I LOVE the pepper as a jack-o-lantern! This is super fun and festive! Fabulous creation, my friend! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.