Wednesday 1 March 2017

Magazine Easter Basket


     Another project using magazine straws made for Altered Eclectics.  We accept anything recycled, mixed media and hand crafted with the exception of cards and ATC's.
      I have enjoyed using these straws so much that I have set about finding how many different ways I can use them. I could think of a few but once I started to look at You Tube I discovered many more. This one caught my eye in readiness for Easter. I have made corn dollies before but not baskets, if you follow the instructions it's not that difficult, especially as you can pause it whenever you wish and work at your own pace.
     I made a whole coffee jar full of straws and then began weaving, using clothes pegs to hold my work if I had to take a break.

     You need a little glue when making the straws but apart from that there is very little used when making this basket, it's a very inexpensive item to make.
     The biggest expense on this one is the spray paint that I used to knock back the colour of the print, but that's only a little from a large can of white primmer. These would be great to hide around the house filled with treats for Easter, the children may even like to make their own. If you make the straws for them they shouldn't even need scissors, just pegs and a little strong PVA glue.
     Altered Eclectics challenge runs for the whole month so you have lots of time to come and show us your projects we'd love to see them.


I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:
International Art & Soul - Recycling    (Top 3)
We Love To Create - Anything Creative/Mixed Media

6 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me with your very clever creations and this is fantabulous hun. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky - stunning creation. I need some lessons. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is fabulous. Thanks for sharing your talent on International Art & Soul. Good luck and hope to see you again. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so clever Rocky! Jane :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB idea - love your project xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.