Wednesday 2 August 2017

The Male Room's All At Sea


     The new challenge at The Male Room is Maps/Co-ordinates, after a few false starts here is my nautical contribution.
     
     Starting with a kraft card square the main images were stamped and embossed in white. Then the fun part, playing with Distress Oxide inks on my craft sheet, Walnut, Photo and Jeans provided the mixture I was looking for.
     Adding just a square of each colour to the craft mat, then a spritz with water gave enough ink for the kraft card to be dragged through, dipped in and dabbed with. I tried to get most of the blue around the ship and once dry the chalky look from these inks added even more interest.

      As the images were embossed they resisted the colour perfectly, all that was needed to finish off was to add a map. This was done using a dark brown Memento ink so it wouldn't react with any more Oxide I might add.
     The edges looked a little unfinished, so I used the same Oxides to go around with a blending sponge to frame the panel. I wanted to add a little interest to the corners but not add anything too prominent, so I dug out a favourite corner punch.
     The mat layer is an old gold pearl card, it adds a hint of gold with out too much bling, keeping the vintage nautical look. Mounted on a kraft card blank the whole cad remains vintage and understated.
     The Male Room challenge runs for two weeks, so after you've had a look at the DT inspiration please come and join us with your project.


5 comments:

  1. Oh Rocky - this is fantastic! I love the warm, vintage look of your map card. I think the nautical images really pop against the background. Just fab!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popped in to say that I love that background you've created. Enjoyed reading your post to how you did it. Such a great effect for the white embossing to stand out...love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! Love the colours and those images.
    Creative Blessings, Tracy x
    P.S I'm the Creative Designer and Blog Editor for the Keep on Crafting blog and will be attending the shop on Saturday for the Stix 2 sponsored day, looking forward to seeing your demos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic map card you made, Rocky :-))
    I like your beautiful background and white coordinate and sailing boat.
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magnificent card! Love all of the great elements you added to this one!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.