Thursday 7 September 2017

MHK Designer Inspiration


     This month I wanted to show you a selection of seasonal cards made with the same image from MHK Designs in a range of different colours.
     I have to confess that I used to think digital images were just to be printed and coloured, Oh how wrong I was!
     If you have time to play around with them using a photo package you can achieve so much more. Now I am not what I would call computer savvy, but through trial and error (non of them serious) I have learnt a little, with the help of YouTube tutorials by our very own Mynn and advice from friends I am slowly progressing. This makes digital images and papers SO much more useful and very good value for money.    
      After selecting my image I used my photo package to change the colours. This was done by sliding the Hue/Saturation scale, found under the heading Adjustments, up or down. Each time I saw a colour change I liked I saved it with a slightly different name and then continued until I had five variations and my original.
     Using an oval die I cut them out and then coloured the edges with ink to draw the eye to the image.
     The sentiment plaque in the image has rounded edges so I used a corner rounder to make my card blank match. The edges of the card are coloured to match the image panel, with small holly corners painted with the same ink the base card was finished.
     A mirri mat layer under the image panel lifts the card giving it a little Christmas shine, it's mounted on foam pads to add a little more interest to a basic vintage effect card.

Christmas Frames
     I hope this has inspired you to go and play with your MHK Designs images to see what you can do with them. You can enter our challenge with your results, we'd love to see them.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
A snowflakes Promise - Anything Christmas Goes   (M)
Crafty Cardmakers - Monochrome   (F)
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes  (W)
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Use Leaves   (M)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.